PRSD Network – Providers of Social Responses to the Development
– Social youth workers that can work with young refugees.
– African Diaspora Youth workers and leaders.
– Young people with few opportunities from African diaspora community in Europe.
– Young immigrants and descendants of Immigrants living in Europe.
– Professional Youth Africans and students with economical and social problems.
– Entrepreneurial learning – entrepreneurship education.
– International cooperation, international relations, development cooperation.
– Integration of refugees.
This training project “Impact of Social Youth Workers on Young Refugees” involved social youth workers that work in organization that support young refugees from partner organizations. This training allowed social youth workers from Portugal, Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Finland, Greece and Cyprus to identify common challenge of social workers with lack of capacity on social and economical skills to provide better responses for young refugees on social-economical inclusion in Europe.
This training was important moment for social workers to develop competencies on social and economical learning (e.g. job opportunities, employment, entrepreneurship, communication, youth emancipation, social inclusion and Cohesion) assuring quality criteria in all aspects of inclusion and cooperation, promote entrepreneurial skills and encouraging the active participation and involvement in development of their own youth groups through employment and entrepreneurship and understand social-cultural difference between the partner countries and using learning competencies on social and economical inclusion.
The action of this training underpinned the purposes of knowledge, intervention, information, awareness-raising, minimization of risks and harm reduction associated with recreation contexts of social and economical impact, seeking to contribute to the social-economical contexts that are truly inclusive and for more complicated situations associated with the exclusion of young refugees.
This project focused on social workers that work with refugees youth groups, coming from the families that are facing social and economical problems at local levels from the partner countries in Europe and at same willing to improve their organizational skills, social-economical competencies and their knowledge on job and entrepreneurial opportunities for better inclusion of refugees youth groups. It was the first step of project that was achieved in Lisbon – Portugal from 10th to 14th of October 2018 using non-formal education as basic methods during all the training sessions.
– To increase the capacity of 27 social youth workers on supporting a person’s rights to have a say in their own recovery and building a person’s capacity as way to improve the social and economical inclusion for better life quality of young refugees based in Europe.
– To develop the quality criteria on policies, intervene in social and economical work practices for social workers and their contribution to youth organization’s needs, capacity on young refugees’ inclusion in European society.
– To support immigrant organizations and local associations that work with young refugees to provide better social and economical programme, especially policies that increase the life quality of young refugees.
– To train 27 social youth workers that can work properly with young refugee’s resettlement program for advance fundamental principles of European Systems and opportunities of integration and solidarity.
– To increase the availability among social workers to work in the social and economical inclusion, within local communities involving and open process for accepting young refugees in their actions.
– To increase the social and economical understand on young refugees as way to promote diversity, deepen the values of freedom, tolerance and promotion of human rights and cohesive communities.
– To increase the social workers motivation to introduce into social responsibility and economical learning by creating conditions to support youth refugees on their own inclusive and fair existing programme in Europe.
Outcomes and results:
The impact and result s we had in this training project, were:
– The development of 4 local initiatives of social workers and their organisations with regard to human values and social responsibility, as well economical learning, including refugees and European dimensions.
– The promotion and support the role of social workers in social responsibility and capacity-building activities that contribute to living together in dignity and dialogue through a network of specifically sharing experience of social workers who strengthen the presence and promote the values of diversity in the community.
– The promotion of the presence and the role of social workers on refugees field as positive actors of change in capacity-building processes and inclusion.
– Fostering cooperation with key stakeholders, partners, non-governmental and organizations that work with refugees that helped immigrant organizations and social workers to develop their own activities with young refugee groups.
– The development of better experiences in the social workers sector through social-economical education activities with young refugees.
– The improvement of the competencies on integration and intercultural learning of social workers.